Sunday, December 14, 2008

Happy First Birthday Aiden!

It is hard to believe that this time last year I was being sliced open and having a baby yanked out of me, but here we are a year later. People tell you all the time that time flies, but you just can't fully appreciate it until you have a child. Aiden made the most of his birthday weekend by celebrating Saturday and Sunday with parties at both sets of grandparents. He is truly blessed to be able to be so close to both sets! We love you Granma & Granpa and Memaw & Papaw! Thank you for hosting parties for Aiden!

Saturday night we had my whole family over at my parents and I am so thankful that everyone was able to come. Aiden had a great time and enjoyed all his toys. He was so worn out that he slept until after 9 am this morning and Andy had to go to Sunday School without us.

After church today (which Aiden and I did make), we had a party at the Zimmerman's with a great turnout! There were several other little ones for Aiden to play with and watch. I was a little worried about how things would go since he hadn't really had a nap, but he was a trooper. Of course he fell asleep on the way home and except for about 30 min to change into pjs and check out the new toys has been asleep ever since.

I started to apologize for there being so many pictures on here, but you know what? I took almost 150 over the weekend, so be glad I narrowed it down this far. Anyway, the pictures are what you come to the blog to see, right? Aiden received lots of great toys, cute clothes, and a wonderful chair from Nanny. All in all it was a great birthday!

Looking good in his "It's fun to be one" hat that Granma found.


We were just glad it fit on his head.

Aiden thought he looked very grown-up in his moose vest and cords.

Checking out the gifts.

Wow, this box is bigger than I am.

I'm allowed to tear the paper off???

Getting into the unwrapping.

Great chair, Nanny!

I think he likes it!!!

Another present? You mean there are more?

I didn't know present opening could be so funny.


Alright, a drum! Aiden is very musical and loves to make noise.

Hammer and nails-- its always fun to hit something.

He loves to read so when he's not standing in the chair flipping it over this is probably what he'll be doing in it.

Almost time to blow out the candle...
with a little help from Granpa.

Alexander, my cousin Chris's son also enjoyed the birthday hat and drum.

Aiden and Alexander are forming a band. Aiden doesn't need drumsticks, he has a hammer.

This is party number 2 and cake number 2. Every bit as good as number 1.

Memaw decorated perfectly!

Lots of blue Happy 1st Birthday stuff!

This is Aiden's first cousin, Krystal holding her niece and Aiden's second cousin, Gracie.

This is Haylee, Aiden's second cousin. She really liked the cake.

Logan and Tela, more second cousins, made sure Aiden knew how to open his presents.

Memaw and Papaw got Aiden a keyboard to have at his house. They have one he plays with at their house and it is his favorite thing! Check out that grin!

There's Aunt Lisa in the background.

Checking out a helicopter with Daddy.

Here are his cool new pajamas and his dump truck with Lego's.

I kept ornaments off the low part of the tree, but Aiden hasn't really bothered it. The cats on the other hand....

I think he likes his new toys.

I love this look of concentration.


No comments: