Sunday, May 24, 2009

Playing Baseball


Aiden has been busy playing baseball this weekend. We've always been impressed with his throwing ability (which isn't as evident on this video-- he throws better right handed), but I've never heard of a 17 month old being able to hit a thrown ball. We started off pitching him a bigger, rubber ball, but it only took 2 days for him to start hitting the wiffle ball. I know I'm showing off, but as April Houston says-- my kid, my blog, I'll brag if I want to! I think my sister might be right-- Aiden might be a power hitting first baseman. He is definitely coordinated. Here is another video of him taking some practice swings. It was hard to get him to concentrate on hitting when I had the camera out, but you can see he has his practice swing down and a pretty good natural stance. He uses a cross hand grip, but so did Hank Aaron for a while so I think that's ok.

No comments: