Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Fun and Trick or Treating

Wednesday night I took the pumpkin I had bought out onto the deck so Aiden and I could carve it into a jack-o-lantern. Well, Aiden wasn't very interested. He abandoned me pretty quickly to go play in the backyard with his Daddy. It's just as well though since me by myself with a knife is dangerous enough without adding a 22 month old to the mix. Can you tell I didn't use a stencil?

Friday morning Chrissy, my sister-in-law, and I braved the drizzle and the crowd and took our boys trick-or-treating on the square in Newnan. Aiden and Drew weren't sure exactly what was going on at first, but once Drew figured out he was getting candy he got into it. I think they both liked seeing the other kids in their costumes. When we got home Aiden figured out pretty quickly that M and Ms are good stuff. There's nothing like a little chocolate drool.

I was trying to get Aiden to touch the pumpkin guts.

"Cheese"

Posing with the pumpkin and the spider shirt.

Bamm-Bamm ready to trick or treat.
(The "hat" lasted about 2 minutes.)

We worked on "trick or treat" but all I got was "treat."

The cousins ready to hit the square.

Drew pointing something out to Aiden.

Chrissy and Drew

"Yay, candy."

Aiden and Mommy

No comments: