Sunday, August 17, 2008

Busy Weekend

I am anxiously awaiting the return of my sweet, little angel. No, we didn't give him away to Gypsies. He spent the night at his granma and granpa's house. I've done everything I can think of to occupy my time after church today-- cleaned the house, done the laundry, caught up on TIVO'ed shows, called all my patients for tomorrow to let them know I'll be coming over to torture them...but now I'm out of things to do so I figured I'd sit down and type a little to keep myself from looking out the window every 5 seconds.

We had a lot going on this weekend. Andy plays Fantasy Football with a bunch of his friends every fall and they had their draft Friday night. For those of you not familiar with Fantasy Football it gets very serious. While I am a huge college football fan, I am not a huge NFL fan. I watch the games and enjoy them, but all I really want to watch are former UGA players. But when you are watching the NFL with someone playing fantasy football its better if your not cheering for a single team. If you have never watched a football game with someone with a fantasy team then you have not watched football. These people are cheering for individual players or perhaps a defense, but they are in no way cheering for a team. They could be cheering for the quarterback, but cheering against one of the receivers so they don't want the quarterback throwing to that receiver-- confusing I know. Now I do consider myself a Falcons fan by virtue of being born and raised in Atlanta. Andy is also a Falcons fan, but he was born near Cleveland so he is also a big Browns fan. However, if he happens to have the defense that is playing the Browns, then he is hoping the Browns win the game 3-0. We have DirecTv so we have to have the NFL Sunday Ticket. That means we get, you guessed it, every single game every single Sunday. You thought men were bad with the remote control under normal circumstances! On Monday mornings I know that I have watched portions of every game, but I have no idea who played who and who beat who. All I know is whether Andy's players did well and how many points his remaining players need to score on Monday night to win. I guess I'd better gear my brain up for another season or just plan to spend Sunday afternoon taking Aiden for a walk or playing in another room.

On Saturday we went to a birthday party for the little girl of a friend of Andy's. I know that I am in my 30s, but somehow I never seem to remember that until I go to an event like that for a friend's child. Then I think, when did we all get old enough to have children? Why is that? Oh well, it was a lot of fun and Aiden had a blast watching the other kids. We took him to his grandparents after the party and I know he has had fun with them. Mom and Dad always take him to see my grandmother and she could not be more excited to see a child than she is to see Aiden. After we dropped him off we went out to a romantic, kid-free dinner. Of course, there were a group of guys at the table next to us doing their fantasy draft (I'm sorry, didn't I mention the romantic dinner was at a Mexican restaurant?) and Andy spent the whole meal critiquing the draft picks. I know all you ladies are jealous of the romance level, but at least we got to spend some time together and they were making some really stupid picks so it was entertaining.

Memaw and Papaw (Andy's parents) have been at an Air Force reunion in Ohio this weekend and should be on the way back soon. We're praying for safe travel for you! See you Wednesday.

I'm sure Mom and Dad have taken some pictures of Aiden so I will post them when I get him (& the camera) back.

No comments: