Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday in Athens

It was great to be back in Athens on Saturday watching the #1 ranked Georgia Bulldogs doing battle between the hedges again. If you've never been to Sanford Stadium for a Georgia game you are missing something special. Even if you aren't a Dawg fan it is an experience that you really need to have at least once in your life. I wish I could adequately describe the atmosphere, but I'm not that talented a wordsmith. It was a great victory and great to see all the different players that were able to get into the game. Of course we are terribly upset by the injury to Jeff Owens, but we know he'll be able to rehab and come back next year to have a wonderful redshirt-senior season. And we know someone will step up on the D-line to fill that void. It was also nice to meet the newest Uga, Uga VII. He looks ready to carry on the proud tradition of his father and grandfathers.

As you can see Aiden was decked out in his UGA apparel thanks to his grandparents and great-grandmother. He had a great time hanging out during the game with Aunt Jessie and his cousins Chris and Alexander Rice.

In non-UGA related Aiden news, he has started walking over the past week. He is taking 2-3 steps at a time now. He started this new feat on Wednesday for Memaw and Papaw. He always has such a great time over there and always comes home doing something new. I can't believe he is growing up so fast!

What have you put on my head?

Aiden and Granpa ready for the game.



Aiden at Uncle Matt's bakery, Luna Baking Co., ready to walk to the condo.

Aiden taking in the sights and sounds (and probably smells)
of gameday from the balcony at the condo.

Aiden and his grandparents


Aiden and Uncle Matt


I always knew Andy is tall and I am short, but I never realized the difference until I saw this picture. I really thought I at least came up to his shoulder. No wonder people look at us funny. I'm wearing flip-flops and he's wearing tennis shoes.


No comments: