Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Evolution of a Kiss

I just had to jot this down really quick because I think it is so sweet. A couple months ago I started asking Aiden to give Mommy a sugar (that means kiss for all my Yankee readers). Well, he caught on really quickly. Then I started asking him to give other people a sugar. For instance, "Aiden, give Daddy a sugar." But he would always turn around and give me a sugar instead (which I secretly loved!). After a week or 2 though he got to where he would give his daddy and both sets of grandparents sugar. Last week at the beach he gave his Aunt Jessie and his Aunt Pat sugar when asked. Over the weekend he started freely giving me sugar without prompting, especially at bedtime.

Today he stayed with Memaw as is our normal Wednesday arrangement, but instead of having Drew to play with Aiden had his cousin Gracie who will turn one on the 26th. When I came to pick Aiden up Memaw noted that Aiden had been very loving-- running up and hugging her and kissing her. When we were ready to go I told him to give Memaw bye-bye sugar, then I asked if he wanted to give Gracie bye-bye sugar. Well, let me tell you...after he leaned in and gave her the first one she couldn't get enough. Gracie would lean back towards Aiden and Aiden would kiss her again. They must have kissed about 5 times. It was very sweet and very cute and of course there I stood without my camera. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Maybe I can sneak a shot of them. I know Papaw got some of them playing together so I will post them when he sends them to me.

Tonight when Aiden gave Daddy his night-night sugar Andy noted that he was even puckering up now. He is a very sweet little boy indeed!

No comments: