Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Show Me Your Muscles

Andy and Aiden have a new trick. I haven't said much about it on the blog, but Andy and I have been on Weight Watchers and working out since the first of the year. Andy has acquired quite a gym that now takes up 2 rooms in the basement, mostly from Craig's List. Andy has lost over 50 pounds and I've lost a little over 40 pounds. All this was trying to get us in shape for the newest weight loss/fitness extravaganza-- P90X. It is a really intense 90 day diet and exercise program that promises to get you in the best shape of your life. Today was day 2 and we are feeling it already!

I say all that to explain part of the reason Aiden has a new trick. Occasionally Andy will flex in the mirror to check his muscle building progress and Aiden has apparently been watching. Now whenever Andy says, "show me your muscles" Aiden will flex. He's working on the mean face and grunt that goes with it. A few mornings ago it took us quite a while to get through breakfast because Aiden had to stop every few bites to flex for me. I'll try to get a better pose for you, but this was my first effort at capturing it.

No comments: