Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vacation Pictures

I apologize for the delay with this posting. I took over 350 pictures at St. Simons last week so I have been dreading the process of going through them and narrowing them down for the blog. I was also trying to get some printed out before I saw patients on Monday because I had promised to bring pictures when I came back from vacation. That process was a little more difficult than it should have been, but that's a story for another time. As I said in my last post, we had a fabulous time! The weather was great and Aiden loved every aspect of being at the beach. We played in the pool or at the beach during the day, went out to dinner every night, then played on the beach after dinner with bubbles and kites. Aiden thoroughly enjoyed having Alexander there to play with too. Hopefully I will have some video of them laughing and playing together uploaded soon. We had two 3 bedroom condos at the Beach Club this year. Mom, Dad, Andy, Aiden, me, my sister Jessie and her husband Matt were in one and Uncle Bob, Aunt Pat, my cousin Katherine, my cousin Chris and her husband Matt and her son Alexander were in the other. We were able to eat dinner with Memaw and Papaw (Andy's parents) Thursday night because they had just arrived on Jekyll for a weekend Elks convention so that was a nice surprise for Aiden. Aiden learned to say plane during the week because there were so many taking off and landing over the beach from that little airport and he had to point them all out. He also enjoyed seeing the Coast Guard helicopter.

Playing kick ball on the beach.

Aiden playing in the baby pool.

Aiden and Granpa in the big pool with a beach ball to throw.

Aiden and Granma (yes, he's calling her Granma now, actually its "my granma") ready for dinner.


Playing in the sand, waiting for the tide to come in.

This is most of the gang: front row: Jessie, Matt, Andy.
Second row: Katherine, Matt, Chris, Dad.

See, there is a picture of me....

My hunk of a husband, Granpa, and Aiden

Aiden and Alexander playing with Alexander's legos.

Aiden sitting in a live oak tree.

Alexander, Granma/Aunt Kay, Aiden, Granpa/Uncle Mike

Aiden and Alexander watering the ocean.
50+ sunscreen really works, because my lilly-white child didn't even get pink! He actually has a little tan.

Aiden playing with a seagull feather much to Chris's dismay.

Aiden and Aunt Jessie reading a book.

Flying a kite and blowing bubbles with Granma, Granpa, and Daddy.

"Me do it" blowing bubbles or spilling bubble blow all over Granma and Granpa-- same thing.

Playing in the sand.

Trying to figure out how he got sand on his leg.

Helping Aunt Jessie build a sand castle.

He actually got in the 50+ UPF pack-n-play-- once.

Flying the $1 Spiderman kite.

More bubble blowing. Notice Granma wised up and brought a towel this time.

Not sure about the baseball hat.

Helping Granma with the castle.

"Borrowing" Alexander's chair to let the incoming tide splash his feet.

No comments: